Give the gift of higher education. Friends, family members, and loved ones are welcome to contribute to an established TNStars account. All contributions to 529 plans are considered present interest gifts and qualify for the annual federal gift tax exclusion.
To send a gifting invitation, simply login to your TNStars account and follow the steps below.
How to Send a Gift Invitation
- Locate the "Gifting" tab in the blue navigation bar towards the top of the screen.
- Select "Create a Gift Invitation" from the dropdown menu for "Gifting."
- Review the 529 Gift Invitation Process.
- Click the "529 Gift – Create an Invitation" button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the "Invitation Action" field, select "Create and send invitation."
- The "Invitation Details" box will allow you to add invitees via the "Add New Invitee" button. Include the name, email, and phone number for each individual designated to receive the invitation then Select "OK."
- Once all invitees have been added, click the "Next" button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- On the "Create Invitation" screen, you may select and customize the email message to accompany your gifting link then click "Next."
- Review the "Email Details" information and select the box to accept the "Terms and Conditions."
- Select "Save and Send Email" to transmit email invitations. You will receive an email confirmation to confirm each gifting invitation sent.